Have you ever participated in 40 Days for Life? If not, I’d encourage you to get involved this year! The organizers behind 40 Days for Life have a track record that proves their work changes and saves lives. Read these shocking statistics behind their work: (taken directly from http://www.40daysforlife.com/splash.cfm)
- The six coordinated 40 Days for Life since 2007 have mobilized people of faith and conscience in 307 cities across all 50 of the United States plus six Canadian provinces, three Australian states, and communities in Northern Ireland and Denmark.
- More than 350,000 have joined together in an historic display of unity to pray and fast for an end to abortion
- More than 11,500 church congregations have participated in the 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Reports document 2,811 lives that have been spared from abortion — and those are just the ones we know about
- 35 abortion workers have quit their jobs and walked away from the abortion industry
- Six abortion facilities completely shut down following local 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Hundreds of women and men have been spared from the tragic effects of abortion, including a lifetime of regrets
- More than 850 news stories have been featured in newspapers, magazines, radio shows and TV programs from coast to coast … and overseas
- Many people with past abortion experiences have stepped forward to begin post-abortion healing and recovery
Check here: http://www.40daysforlife.com/location.cfm to see if your city is involved. And whether it is or not, you can find a way to get plugged in by visiting: http://www.40daysforlife.com/getinvolved.cfm. This is a great opportunity to DO SOMETHING and MAKE A DIFFERENCE TODAY!!!