**If you are a girl or woman who is being pressured or threatened into having an abortion, please read this article.
**If you are a guy who is trying to stop an abortion, please read this article. (Some of the info in this article may also help parents or friends who are trying to stop an abortion.)
Seems there are so many reasons out there today justifying abortions; giving reasons why women should be encouraged to have them; explaining why they’re not so bad after all. And many of the reasons out there for why we should NOT have an abortion are long, drawn out, not persuasive, and admittedly preachy. I’d certainly agree that God uses different statements and reasons to touch different people’s hearts…no doubt about it. So please don’t take this post as saying that we shouldn’t keep telling people that every new baby is a special creation of God. We should. Some people may even need to hear that if they have an abortion, they’re murdering their child; a unique human being with the same right to live that each of us enjoy. However, is calling someone a murderer the best way to convince them to save their child from death and themselves from emotional and probable physical trauma? Not always…
So here’s THE CHALLENGE: What are three unique reasons you can think of not to have an abortion? Think of persuading people gently…but not too gently =) We still have to speak the truth! We just must remember to speak it in love. We absolutely want to save every child’s life!!! But we also absolutely want to save every woman (and man that’s involved) from a lifetime of irreversible hurt.
I’ll start off with a few reasons and resources to back them up. Please send me YOUR THOUGHTS!!!
1) Someone else out there would love to adopt your child and give her a wonderful home…a home that you can choose! http://www.bethany.org/ I have not had personal interaction with this organization, but I have heard they do good work. There are certainly other great adoption agencies out there.
3) Giving life to a child makes you a hero. A nine-month sacrifice of your body is totally worth it to let another precious life have a chance to impact and change our world. http://www.virtuemedia.org/ and www.standupgirl.com.
4) Late term abortions are absolutely awful. Early abortions are awful. All abortions are awful. Have you ever read a description of exactly what happens during an abortion? Go here to find out.
5) Many former abortion doctors and Planned Parenthood workers are leaving their jobs because of what they see. (Read UnPlanned by Abby Johnson who gave up being a PP director after seeing an ultrasound).
- Dr. Brewer: “I can remember…the resident doctor sitting down, putting the tube in, and removing the contents. I saw the bloody material coming down the plastic tube, and it went into a big jar. My job afterwards was to go and undo the jar, and to see what was inside….I opened the sock up and put it on the towel, and there were parts of a person in there. I had taken anatomy, I was a medical student. I knew what I was looking at. There was a little scapula and an arm. I saw some ribs and a chest, and a little tiny head. I saw a piece of a leg, and a tiny hand and an arm, and you know, it was like somebody put a hot poker into me. I had a conscience, and it hurt.” 
- “I remember seeing the baby move underneath the sack of membranes as the caesarean incision was made, before the doctor broke the water. The thought came to me, ‘My God, that’s a person.’“
- Dr. Nathanson: “[A]s a result of all this technology—looking at this baby, examining it, investigating it, watching its metabolic functions, watching it urinate, swallow, move and sleep, watching it dream…treating it, operating on it—I finally came to the conviction that this was my patient. This was a person! I was a physician, pledged to save my patients’ lives, not to destroy them. So I changed my mind on the subject of abortion.”
- Dr. Bruner: “Instead of some mysterious thing inside her belly, a mother and her family can now identify a little human being.”
- Dr Levantino: “I’ll tell you one thing about D&E…You never have to worry about a baby’s being born alive. I won’t describe D&E other than to say that, as a doctor, you are sitting there tearing, and I mean tearing—you need a lot of strength to do it—arms and legs off of babies and putting them in a stack on top of a table.”
- OB/GYN Staffer Henry: “The saline, a salt solution, is injected into the woman’s sac and the baby swallows it. The baby starts dying a slow, violent death. The mother feels everything, and many times it is at this point when she realizes that she really has a live baby inside of her because the baby starts fighting violently for his or her life. He’s just fighting inside because he’s burning.”
IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT ABORTION
If you’re a woman considering abortion, please consider that you have other options. I know, you’ve probably heard that. But please read on. Abortion – no matter how great it seems in the moment – is a decision with very lasting and painful effects. Read what other women have to say about it! Please at least go to this site, where you will find a helpline, a way to chat online, or a way to email someone who can help you. Or, the site can help you find a pregnancy resource center in your area where you can go for emotional and material support, as well as often a free ultrasound – which you should totally see!
You can also comment on this article – I’ll see it before anyone else does – and I’ll be happy to email you back and help you however I can. Also, please consider that every woman should know the truth about abortion before she ever has one. Go here to see a video (or here – and read the description below the video!). Go here to read about abortion. Please be informed.
You can also read this article or this one if you’re wondering why not to have an abortion. There are literally at least 101 reasons! At least check it out! A baby is a baby from the very beginning – her heart is beating at only 21 or 22 days! His brain waves can be read at only 6 weeks! And her little heart is crying out for you – her mother – to love her and give her the precious gift of life. I’m here for you, and so are many others – really. If you’re a dad who needs help, check out this advice article, and feel free to contact me.